- Improve Progress and achievement throughout KS2 in Reading, Writing and Maths
- Improve independence and resilience across all subjects and all phases
- Improve engagement and behaviour for learning across all subjects and phases
- Improve opportunities and expectations of more able pupils across all subjects and all phases
Areas for Improvement Identified by OFSTED June 2016
Improve teaching so that it is typically outstanding and enables all groups of pupils to make rapid progress by ensuring that:
- all teachers focus on pupils’ accuracy in spelling and punctuation
- the most able pupils are provided with challenging tasks more quickly in mathematics
- boys in the early years are provided with irresistible opportunities to write independently
ALL Priorities for 2018/2019
- 1.1 – Improve progress rates across Key Stage 2 in reading, writing and maths (linked to 2.1 and 2.2)
- 1.2 – Accelerate the attainment and progress of SEND pupils.
- 1.3 – Close the attainment gap in writing between boys and girls in KS1.
- 1.4 – Close the attainment gap in higher attainers in maths at KS1.
Teaching and Learning
- 2.1 Improve the effective planning and teaching of mathematics with a key focus on problem solving and reasoning across Key Stage 2.
- 2.2 Improve the effective planning and teaching of reading with a key focus on pupils’ stamina in reading and their understanding of vocabulary and author intent across all Key Stages.
- 2.3 Improve pupil independence and resilience across all subjects and across all Key Stages.
- 2.4 Improve opportunities and expectations of more able pupils in all areas of the curriculum.
Personal Development Behaviour and Welfare
- 3.1 – Improve engagement and behaviour for learning (SPIRALS)
- 3.2 – Improve whole school percentage attendance to 97.25% and close the gap between disadvantaged and non disadvantaged
Leadership and Management
- 4.1 Develop leaders at every level to demonstrate a measurable impact across the school
- 4.2 Ensure disadvantaged pupils make progress in line with non disadvantaged pupils
- 5.1 Close the gender gap for achieving early learning goal in writing
- 5.2 Further develop the learning environment to promote independence and challenge (focus = outdoor environment)
- 5.3 Ensure provision promotes increasing numbers of pupils to exceed in all areas of the EYFS curriculum